Hanna Checker®HC Nitrate colorimeter, LR (NO3)
Hanna Checker – Nitrate (NO3) Colorimeter
The HI781 Nitrate Checker HC by Hanna Instruments is a simple and accurate handheld colorimeter that uses the Beer-Lambert principle to determine nitrate concentration.
The HI781`s low range of 0.00 – 5.00 makes it ideal for measuring the low nitrate levels found in saltwater aquariums.
Why are Nitrate levels important?
Excess nitrates in a reef system can lead to an overgrowth of undesirable algae and dinoflagellates. Alternatively, not enough nitrates can lead to starvation for SPS and other corals.
- Low range is ideal for saltwater aquariums
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Simple one-button operation
- Digital read out for added convenience
- Range: 0.00 to 5.00 pm (m/L) NO3
- Resolution: 0.01 pH
- Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F: ±0.25ppm ±2% of reading
- Light Source: LED @ 525 nm
- Light Detector: silicon photocell
- Method: Zinc reduction method
- Auto-off: after ten minutes of non-use
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Ordering Information: HI-781 Checker HC is supplied with sample cuvettes with caps (2), reagent starter set, battery, and instructions
- Accessories purchased separately: HI-781-25 Reagent set for approx. 25 tests + HI-781-11 Calibration set